William Antonelli Oct. 8, 2021, 6:30 PM
In Minecraft, command blocks can’t be crafted or found. Mojang
To get a command line in your chat, you can use a special chat command Minecraft world.
You’ll need to have both Cheats and Creative Mode enabled in your Minecraft world to obtain a command block.
Once you summon it, you can modify the way your command block functions.
Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Minecraft is a complicated game. On the surface, it just looks like a big Lego simulator – but dig deep enough, and you can build sprawling rail systems, paint pictures, and even program in-game computers.
Command blocks are an example of such complex features. Redstone is used to power command blocks. They allow you automate your world, manage players, and more. Server rules.
But unlike other items, you can’t find command blocks out in the world, or in the Full listYou can find many items. Instead, you’ll need to spawn it into the game using cheats.
Here’s how to get a command block in Minecraft, using either Java or Bedrock edition.
How to get a Minecraft command-block
The Java and Bedrock methods for obtaining command blocks are the same.
1. Firstly, make sure that your world or Realms server has cheats turned on, and that you’re playing in Creative Mode.
Turn on both Creative Mode and cheats Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
2. To open the chatbox, press T on the keyboard or the right-hand D-pad button on a controller.
/give [your username] minecraft:command_block
In place of “[your username],”Enter your Minecraft username.
To give the command block to another player, you can use their name. Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
4. The command block will be added to your inventory. While it’s in your hand, you can place it down on any solid surface.
You’ll be given an infinite amount of command blocks. Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
Use the command block
Once you’ve placed your command block, you can set the block up with codes so it performs automatic tasks. These tasks include giving items to players and killing enemies as soon as they spawn.
1. Select the command block that you wish to place.
2. In the menu that opens, you’ll have a few options. You can choose how often you want the command blocks to be run by selecting the first option. ImpulseThe command will run once, and then it will be stopped. Repeat/CurrentThe command will be executed indefinitely. ChainAny connected command block must run before it can.
Quick tipRedstone circuits are a way to connect multiple command blocks together.
3. The second option is ConditionalOr Unconditional, determines if a related command block must be executed successfully in order for this block to run.
4. The third option lets you choose whether the command block can run on its own – Always Active – or Redstone is requiredIt will power it.
5. Finally, enter your command into the text box. For example, if you want to kill every creeper in the area, you’ll type:
Here is a list with common codes.
Your command block should be set-up with an action and conditions. Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
6. When you’re ready for the command block to start running, click Done.
How to install Minecraft Forge and get access to thousands of new Minecraft modsHow to get a Minecraft cape without modsHow to install OptiFine to greatly improve your Minecraft experience ‘Minecraft’s’ graphics and add new featuresHow to make an End Portal in ‘Minecraft,’ and use it to find the game’s final boss